Looking to make your spray tan go the distance?
These top ten tips will help your tan to last.
When you top up your glow with a pampering spray tanning session it can start to fade if not properly maintained. But did you know there are a number of easy things you can do before and after your treatment to make your tan last longer?
These are the top ten tips from the beauty industry tanning gurus to help you enjoy your beach body tan for longer:
- Prepare your skin in advance with plenty of moisturiser after you bathe or shower in the week leading up to your tan. Ensure you have showered before your appointment though to remove any residue that could act as a barrier.
- Buff up your body with a gentle exfoliator to keep dead skin cells at bay and guard against patchiness.
- Take extra care with elbows, knees and wrists where dryness can attract excess tan.
- Keep them soft with plenty of moisturiser.
- Keep hands and feet moisturised with sleep-in moisturising gloves and socks – ideal to leave on overnight in the week before your treatment to prevent dry skin.5
- Scrub your back with a long-handled exfoliator brush so you don’t miss any bits.
- A small slick of petroleum jelly over your eyebrows prior to tanning can prevent visible tide marks, but check with your spray tanning therapist before your treatment to ensure you get the best results.
- Always take loose-fitting and dark coloured clothing to change into after your treatment. Avoid any tight waistbands which can leave tan marks or light clothing which can be easily marked.
- Leave your legs bare post-tanning if possible to minimise the risk of streaking.
Check that you are satisfied with your tan with a full body mirror check before you go.
- Gentle exfoliation and plenty of moisturiser is essential following your tan to keep your colour maintained for longer between visits.
So there you have it, the Top Ten Tanning Commandments for a heavenly tan that won’t budge!